2000 Kilocalories Per Day Sample Indian Vegetarian Meal Plan
by Seethalakshmi Seshabhushan Nagaraja MS BS BE RDN Published on August 14, 2018 | Updated on October 7, 2019
Are you trying to improve your eating habits? Our software calculates the number of calories (kilocalories) you need per day based on your physical attributes, physical activity and personal goals. The next step is to plan your daily meals and activities to meet your calories goal. The process of planning a meal that is both well-balanced and achieve your daily calories goal requires some effort.
The daily quantity recommendation for macronutrients is actually a range of values which can vary based on age, gender, physical activity level, and health status. It is recommended that most adults should get –
- 45% to 65% of their daily calories from carbohydrates
- 10% to 35% of their daily calories from protein
- 20% to 35% of their daily calories from fat
Working with an RDN (nutritionist) initially to plan a few personalized meals can be helpful.
According to the recommendations from the DGA 2010, a 2000 kilocalories healthy meal plan includes the following food groups -
- Make sure that you do not remove nutrient rich edible pulp and fiber of vegetables and fruits when juicing.
- Make at least half your grains whole.
- Choose low-fat or dairy foods made from skim milk.
- Eat a variety of nutrient rich fruits and vegetables for different health benefits.
- 100 grams is approximately 3.5 ounces
- 8 fluid ounces (oz) = 236 ml (approximately 250 ml) = 1 cup
Here is a sample 2000 calories (kilocalories) delicious Indian vegetarian meal plan that includes whole grains, plant proteins, skim milk based dairy foods, healthy fat and a variety of vegetables and fruits -
- Nutrition values for foods and recipes are from the FitnSpicy Living food nutrition database.
- Quantities and nutrition values can vary based on recipe or manufacturer. For example, our palak paneer recipe uses skim milk instead of cream and whole milk. I provide evaluation and nutrition calculations of recipes. Please submit a project proposal.
- Please keep in mind that although snacks aren’t mandatory, evenly distributing calories throughout the day will keep you satisfied and energized so that you make healthier food choices. Snacks also help fuel your fitness workout and support post-exercise recovery.
- 1 medium katori is approximately 2/3 cup and 1 large katori is approximately 3/4 cup.
- ODPHP. 2015–2020 Dietary Guidelines for Americans website. health.gov/dietaryguidelines/2015/guidelines/ . Accessed June 4, 2019.
- Whitney E, Rolfes SR. Understanding Nutrition.15 ed.
- USDA U.S. Department of Agriculture. National Agriculture Library. Food and Nutrition Information Center. www.nal.usda.gov/fnic/what-difference-between-calories-and-kilocalories . Accessed October 7, 2019.
- American Council on Exercise. www.acefitness.org/certifiednewsarticle/2882/resting-metabolic-rate-best-ways-to-measure-it-and/ . Accessed October 7, 2019.
Our reliable nutrition and fitness recommendations are a guide to a sustainable natural and healthy way of living. We use a normal method of communication and easy to understand language so that there is no miscommunication, no misrepresentation and no misinterpretation. Our software tools and nutrition education help you maintain your original good health and achieve your nutrition and fitness goals. We provide personalized nutrition recommendations based on a qualified medical professional’s evaluation.
We are not participating in biotechnology research. We are not participating in clinical trials. We do not provide biotechnology solutions. We do not provide biotechnology recommendations.